Notice of Race - Early Spring Series 2018
Chester Sailing & Canoeing Club Sandy Lane Chester CH3 5UL
NOTICE OF SERIES
For the Early Spring Series 2018
• The races will be governed by the ISAF Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020, the prescriptions of the RYA, and Class Rules, except as any of these are changed by these sailing instructions. The races are designated Category A.
2 ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
• The series is open to all members of Chester Sailing and Canoeing Club
• Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of £2,000,000 per incident or the equivalent.
• Entry will be the combination of helm and boat – in exceptional circumstances (eg change of boat/damage ) the Sailing Committee may agree to results counting for a helm in a different boat.
• Racing will be on handicap using the RYA Portsmouth Number List 2018 with the following exceptions:
Lazy E 1100
RS Fever 1265
Starting times will be Sundays at 11:00am from March 18th to March 25 then Sundays at 10:30am – two race from 2nd April to 29th April.
4 SAILING INSTRUCTIONS
• The sailing instructions “SAILING INSTRUCTIONS FOR CLUB RACING “ are posted on the noticeboard in the Training Room and on the Club website.
• The scoring system is as follows: Low point System of Appendix A
• Discard pattern will be
NUMBER OF RACES SAILED 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DISCARDS 0 0 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5
NUMBER OF RACES TO COUNT
1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6
• The minimum number races to constitute a series will be 2.
• Helms doing OOD or AOD duty will score 1 point
• A DNC shall be scored as one more than the number of the boats entered in the series.
• Other scoring codes are
DNC Did not start; did not come to the starting area
DNS Did not start (other than DNC and OCS)
OCS Did not start; on the course side of the starting line at her starting signal and failed to start, or broke rule 30.1
ZFP 20% penalty under rule 30.2
BFD Disqualification under rule 30.3
SCP Took a Scoring Penalty under rule 44.3(a)
DNF Did not finish
DNE Disqualification (other than DGM) not excludable under rule 90.3(b)
DGM Disqualification for gross misconduct not excludable under rule 90.3(b)
RDG Redress given
DPI Discretionary penalty imposed
6 PRIZES • The winner of the Series will receive the Pollard Cup
• The winner of the Silver Fleet will receive the Enterprise Shield
• The winner of the Bronze Fleet will receive a Glass Trophy
7 DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Competitors participate in the racing entirely at their own risk. See rule 4, “Decision to Race”. Chester Sailing and Canoeing Club will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after racing.
8 RIGHTS TO USE NAME AND LIKENESS
By participating in this event, competitors automatically grant to the organizing authority and the event sponsors the right, in perpetuity, to make, use, and show, at their discretion, any photography, audio and video recordings, and other reproductions of them made at the venue or on the water from the time of their arrival at the venue.