Chester Sailing and Canoeing club is run completely by volunteers from the membership. Our Committee consists of dedicated members who have the Sailing Clubs interest to heart. So you know who is who -
Meet the Committee
Figurehead for the club. Ensure club runs smoothly. Represent the club externally.
· Chair Club Committee meetings
· Chair AGM and any General Meetings
· Give a speech at the Dinner Dance and reports to the AGM
· Reports to Club Committee meetings
Covers for the Commodore when they are unable to fulfill a duty.
Others duties as requested by the Commodore or Club Committee.
Organises the club social programme. Manages the use of club premises and holds a diary of bookings.
Ensures that facilities are available for catering at club events.
· Chairs the Bar Committee
· Arranges the annual Dinner Dance
· Invites the Lord Mayor to the Dinner Dance
· Ensures catering is provided for club regatta days and Boxing Day
· Sets policies and prices for use of club facilities
Looks after all correspondence for the club and responds to external requests for information.
· Coordinates the production and printing of the Club Handbook
· Maintains a list of members
· Sends out renewal forms
· Records and publishes Club Committee and AGM minutes
· Maintains all key documents for the club including boat certificates and insurance policies
· Maintains a register of key-holders (Clubhouse and Training room)
· Archive documents.
· Sends out notices of meetings, and agendas as agreed with the Commodore
· Reports to Main Committee meetings
Looks after the financial affairs of the club
· Keeps accounts and records of all income and expenditure Ensure that the club's assets are properly and visibly protected
· Collects subscriptions, berth and rack fees and coffee/tea payments and record
· Chases non-payers
· Pays bills
· Produces interim accounts to report at Main Committee meetings
· Produce end of year accounts for AGM
Responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the club, and its main assets. Responsible for all aspects of security for club premises and assets.
· Retention of keys and access codes for the Clubhouse and the Training Room.
· Maintenance of club buildings
· Maintenance of the club grounds
· Maintaining the safety boats
· Maintaining the safety boat engines.
· Maintenance of club boats
Looks after all aspects of the sailing activities in the club
Ensures the safety of all sailing activities, with appropriate risk assessments
Represents the club externally on sailing matters
Chairs the Sailing Committee
Sets the Sailing Programme and assign OD and AOD duties
Integration of sail training into the club calendar
Ensures that OD's office is fully equipped and functional
Ensures that results are properly calculated and posted
Collects trophies and arrange engraving for Dinner Dance
Organises prizes for scheduled club events
Reports to Club Committee meetings
Looks after all aspects of the canoeing activities in the club and represents the Club externally in all canoeing matters.
Ensure the safety of all canoeing activities, with appropriate risk assessments
· Liaises with BCU and Canoe England in all matters of affiliation and cooperation
· Chairs the Canoeing Committee and report to the General Committee.
· Keeps minutes of the meetings of the Canoeing Committee
· Delivers a Canoe Report at the AGM
· Provides canoeing information to the Club Secretary for inclusion in the Club Handbook
· Manages canoe storage on club premises including allocation to members of places on canoe racks and in storage locations
· Defines rules for and manage the use of training equipment and club canoes
The Premises Supervisor has day-to-day responsibility for running the premises in relation to the Licensing Act 2005.
Child Welfare Officer
First point of contact for club members, volunteers, parents/carers and young people where concerns about welfare, poor practice or child abuse are identified.
Implements the club’s reporting and recording procedures.
Promotes the club’s best practice guidance/code of ethics and behaviour within the club.
Assists the club to fulfil its responsibilities to safeguard young people.
Assists the club to implement its child welfare implementation plan.
Assists volunteers in keeping their certificates and qualifications up to date.
Reports on child protection issues to the Club Committee.
Ensures confidentiality is maintained and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
First point of contact with the RYA Lead Child Welfare Officer.
Maintains contact details for local social services, police and the Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) in case of an emergency.
General committee Members