The Chester Sailing and Canoeing Club was formed in 1956 as a joint club to cater for both canoeing and sailing on the River Dee.
The Club house is about a mile from the centre of Chester. The first floor has a large recreation room overlooking the river with a bar, extensive seating and a pool table. Outside, there is a flat area for sitting out on summer evenings and the occasional barbecue. The ground floor, at river level, has changing rooms for the canoeists.